400 g (1 lb) bacon, fresh or cured
1 tbsp lard or butter, if needed
2 onions, sliced
2-3 apples, cored and sliced
a few whole cloves
- Cut the bacon into slices and fry them in a large frying pan at medium heat.
- Turn them over a couple of times and fry until crisp.
- Remove from pan, add lard or butter if needed and fry onion rings and apple slices with the spices at low heat until they are soft and beginning to colour.
- Return the bacon to the pan, stir and let warm through.
- Serve with freshly baked bread.
I really wasn’t sure how this meal would go, but it surprised me. I fed this to the family (children and all) everybody enjoyed it and it was all gone before I knew it. Well worth trying this one, it doesn’t take long to make and tastes great.